See below what you should make sure to include in your ad to make it intersting and more eye-catching for the home seekers. The more you have filled out your profile the more people will find it interesting and will apply for your room.
- Fill out the facilities, roommate criteria, and info about the room under the settings tab
- Write a satisfactory description of the room and yourself
- Upload pictures of you, the apartment and the room you are renting out
1. Fill out the facilities, roommate criteria, and info about the room under the settings tab
The facilities are the part of your ad in which you point out if you have a dishwasher, pets, if smoking is prohibited in the apartment or in the room.
The roommate criteria is important to fill out, as you give the apartment seeker a quick overview of what kind of a roommate you a searching for. You can e.g. choose a certain age that you future roommate should have or whether or not she/he should be partying all the time.
The info about the room is the more practical stuff like rent, deposit and moving date. It is very important that fill out these information as you otherwise will get a lot of questions about these things.
2. Write a satisfactory description of the room and yourself
The description should both be about you, the apartment and the room you are renting out. It is important to get as many information as possible about the room and the apartment as possible. This will eliminate the number of misunderstanding and irrelevant questions from home seekers. You can start off by thinking about what you would like to know if you were the one to rent a roommate at a stranger’s apartment.
It is also a good idea to think about what kind of a roommate you are, and what kind of a roommate you are looking for. This will attract the right candidates and roommates.
In the description you can write about:
- Purchasing opportunities
- Opportunities for sport in the area
- Nearby green areas
- Public transport
- Distance to the city centre
- Furniture in the room if present
- Included expenses to electricity, water and gas
Make sure to write any pros about the apartment no matter what it is.
It is also a good idea to divide your text in easily comprehensible paragraphs with small headlines.
3. Upload pictures of you, the apartment and the room you are renting out
The pictures on your ad are very important because it tells a lot about the room and the apartment, which can be hard to describe with words. Take photos of all the rooms in the apartment, and several photos of the room you are renting out. If you have a picture of the plan drawing it will be perfect to include that as well.
Also remember to make a small description of the photos indicating which room there is on the photo.
Upload pictures of you as a supplement to the room description. This also gives a more personalized impression of your ad.